Is it Normal to Stagger Rhinoplasty Results?

My rhinoplasty was in May. My surgeon warned me that crooked noses tend to revert. There's also a slight bony bump left. Is it normal to stagger results, or is he a mediocre surgeon? My nose isn't worse, but I feel like I didn't get all the results I wanted. He improved the defects. He sounds confident about the procedure, but is not a specialist. I have an appointment to go over/check his experience with revisions, but I'm still unsure if I'm going to undergo the surgery scheduled in Feb.

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

I would ,without the benefit of any photos , concur with the advice you received from your surgeon. There is some  recurrence when a nose is not straight  and it is possible to get some callus formation if there is a bony reduction. The callus will appear to be a slight recurrence of the hump.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Your surgeon was very straightforward and honest with you before your original procedure. If you are concerned, you can get a second opinion.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery even in the best of hands has a revision rate of about 10-15%, and I would wager higher.  The nasal cartilage does want to revert back and small bony irregularities can develop after surgery.

+1

Honestly, IMHO it's never professional nor appropriate to comment on other surgeons or their abilities.  Having minor touch ups after Rhinoplasty is not uncommon, just be sure that the Rhinoplasty Surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty and is experienced in Revision Rhinoplasty.