18 Months Post-Op Rhinoplasty and My Nose is Constantly Running, is this Normal? Do I Need a Revision?

I had rhinoplasty almost 18 months ago. I'm half pleased with it. The side profile is very nice but the front which I was most worried about the first time is still boxy. I asked to refine the tip but I don't think he went far enough. I think the sides are still too wide and uneven. I also still have a constant runny nose. And blow it 5-7 on average and if I tilt my head forward for to long it runs, and runs immediately if I'm exercising especially with weights. Could revision fix this?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and revision Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, the nasal discharge should be evaluated by an ENT surgeon and an allergist.  While it's not unusual to have clear discharge, from the nose, immediately after a Rhinoplasty...this should not be continuing or be severe at 18 months post Rhinoplasty.  Did you have grafts or man made implants used during the initial Rhinoplasty that may have eroded into the interior of the nose causing constant irritation and drainage?

If you do not like the shape of your nose, then a revision Rhinoplasty would be of some value.  Unless there is a suture, graft or implant causing a specific problem revision Rhinoplasty would not address the drainage issue.

Nasal Drainage 18 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

If you do not like the appearance of your nose 18 months after your rhinoplasty, a revision should be considered. The cause of your nasal drainage should be evaluated; however, a revision may not be necessary to treat this problem.