Is it Possible to Achieve My Desired Result Through Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Initial rhinoplasty done ~20 years ago. Secondary rhinoplasty done ~ 8 years ago.

Revision Rhinoplasty: A difficult -- but not impossible -- case

+1

Hello;

Obviously, since you have already had one revision rhinoplasty, I think it is very important to approach this very carefully. 

Obviously, you want to consult with a very experienced and highly specialized nasal cosmetic surgeon to determine the best course of action. 

Most likely, in order to achieve your desires, it would be important to have additional tissue or fillers placed, particularly in the tip.  The flatness of the tip and the depression in the bridge are obviously in need of “add-ons.”

It appears that what you presented is a computer image of what might be satisfactory to you.  Examination will determine the best course of action, whether it's a surgical or non-surgical, revision rhinoplasty.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Is revision rhinoplasty possible?

+1

The answer is yes if you are in the right hands and no if you are looking for a simple solution. You will need a major reconstruction. It's quite likely that in addition to bony and cartilaginous deficiency that you also have significant contracture of your internal lining and skin. This can severely limit the ability to expand and accept a new framework. Special grafts may be necessary to help this.You need to consult with a surgeon with experience at major reconstructions who is willing to dedicate the time your case will involve. You also need to have realistic expectations about your outcome

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is it Possible to Achieve My Desired Result Through Revision Rhinoplasty?

+1

The real question, IMHO, is whether your nasal skin has the required laxity to lengthen and shape the nasal tip and build up the nasal bridge.  A examination of the nasal skin and structures along with a detailed history of what was done during the first Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty (8 years ago) would also be required before any determination could be made regarding improvements from further Rhinoplasty surgery.

Expectations with 3rd Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I understand your sketicism after your previous rhinoplasty experiences. Over the past 35 years I've seen noses like yours that can be improved with careful planning and meticulous execution. After a thorough examination an experienced surgeon can make recommendations andd establish reasonable expectationjs.

Realistic expectations after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photos you have a very complex situation from your previous procedures.  Consultations with surgeons comfortable with revision rhinoplasty techniques, including rib graft harvesting for example, is essential.  Get at least 3 opinions and don't rush into anything.  You can hope to get improvement but not perfection.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  While your appearance can be improved to help achieve your desired result, because this is now your 3rd rhinoplasty, it would be best to have an in-person consultation with a board certified specialist with a strong understanding of the underlying nasal anatomy to best examine your nose and customize a solution to best address your concerns. 

Kimberly Lee, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

hello, i think it would be possible to reconstruct your nose esp the tip. in order to do so, i think you would need an open rhinoplasty using rib cartiladge. best of luck

Bianca Knoll, MD
Frankfurt Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

You have a major problem with the nose in general and the collapsed, short nasal tip.

I do not know what are your expectations, but you need a  good evaluation of the nose in person and evaluate the skin, the cartilage the bone and a decision as to what can be done and what to expect. In my practice this is a two hour consultation and need at least three sessions of consultations prior to surgery.