What Are My Options Of Making My Bridge Wider With Revision Rhinoplasty?

What can you tell me about the current nose I have now? What's wrong with it (what can you see from the picture of course? Also, to make the entire nose wider 2-3mm like in the desired image, would that be possible? Would ear cartilage be good for this? Would rib absolutely be needed? All I want is to widen the nasal bones and make the mid-vault significantly wider, as well as the lower third. My most important concern is if ear cartilage would do the job...

What are my options to widen my nose with Revision Rhinoplasty?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, the desired result portrayed in the picture is aesthetically incorrect and I would decline to do a Revision Rhinoplasty in order to give a prospective patient that result.  I'd have to see a profile shot to make further comments on your current nose. 

Generally speaking, to achieve, the degree of widening you seek, IMHO, only an onaly straight silicone dorsal graft is capable of achieving the deisred effect. 

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Nose wider

+1

You need spreader grafts to open up your middle vault and improve your dorsal lines. If you have septal cartilage available that would be my first choice. If not then ear cartilage could be used. It's not likely theat you would need rib cartilage for this. Goo luck!

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much cartilage to widen nose

+1

Revision rhinoplasty surgery can be done to widen the nose. To get the level of widening you show in your second photo you would need a significant amount of cartilage of adequate length. Importantly, you also widened your upper third in the photo. This would require osteotomies to the bones and inserting spreaders graft far enough up to maintain the bone in a wider position.

It's unclear if you want the nose wider for aesthetic purpposes, functional breathing problems, or both. You should visit with an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon who is well versed in treating the issues you want addressed.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Your photo relates 2 important things about your nose: 1) aesthetics and 2) functionality.  It is likely that your nasal breathing is probably impaired by the narrow part of your nose.  While ear cartilage can be used to reconstruct this area, rib cartilage MAY be necessary.  It depends on how much ear cartilage you have.  Rib would   Septal cartilage would be the preferred source but given that this is a revision, you may not have any septal cartilage left.  

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/procedures2/revisionrhinoplasty

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.