Is a Revision Rhinoplasty Worth It? (photo)

I just had a rhinoplasty a month ago. Too early to judge I know, but my nose is still very big from the profile, and I do not see that changing since that's not going to change with swelling. The problems I'd like to correct with a revision in a year or so are: 1) Tip turns too much now (showing too much nostril and swoops up) 2) Deproject it more 3) Do an alar base reduction as well (my twin had this done) 4) And, making it narrower on the bridge as well... All this Possible?

Is revision rhinoplasty worthwhile

+1

It's too early to say what, if anything, should be done with revision rhinoplasty surgery. Your post-operative swelling will affect your profile so I would expect this to evolve with time.

Some of the problems you point out may not completely improve with time, but you definitely need to give yourself time to heal.

Is Revision Rhinoplasty Worth It?

+1

With all due respect, 1 month post op is way to soon to evaluate your result and make plans for a revision. The chin implant you discussed in your other question will make your nose look smaller and in proportion with your other facial features.

Is a Revision Rhinoplasty Worth It?

+1

Honestly, one month is way too soon toi be looking in the mirror and evaluating the final results after your Rhinoplasty.  Have a discussion with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon but it typicaly takes 6-12 months for the final results after Rhinoplasty to be seen.  

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Hold on!  It is way to early to see the final results. The swelling will come down with time, and this may take a year or more.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

I agree with the others... it is really way too early to determine what the final outcome will be.  The difference in swelling from the 1st month to the 3rd month can really be quite dramatic.  When it comes to the nose, even 1-2mm of swelling can be a major change.  Hang in there.

Henry Daniel Sandel IV, MD
Annapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

You need to wait at least one year after rhinoplasty to consider a revision to allow time for all the changes that go with healing.

PS Based on your photos, you should consider that a stronger chin will look good and also make your nose seem smaller.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Hold your horses

+1

You are getting way ahead of yourself.  I know you think it's not going to change, but you will be surprised how different it looks 6 months from now (or 1 year for that matter).  Most of the things you mentioned will get better on their own with time.   I'm not saying you won't need a revision, but it's definitely too soon to be planning it out already.  Hang in there.

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon