I Had Revision Rhinoplasty Two Weeks Ago And Im Concerned! Bridge Is Crooked, Is This Swelling?

I had revision rhinoplasty two weeks ago with medpor implant inserted into bridge and tip. As well as nostril reduction. it appears to me that my bridge is slightly crooked and the nostrils are uneven. Is thia due to swelling or will this be permanent? I am worried!

Two weeks = Too early.

I always tell myself and my patients (we both get impatient) that it is not prudent to make any judgments until at least one month, but really 3 months.  So hang on a little.  Something as innocuous as what side you sleep on can affect appearance in the early period following the procedure. 

1400 N Interstate 35 Frontage Rd
Austin, TX 78701

Two weeks after revision rhinoplasty

After 2 weeks, you will still have a considerable amount of swelling that can influence the appearance of your result. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take up to 18-24 months for the final result to be evident. I would recommend waiting and see how you continue to heal. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions you have in the meantime. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

120 South Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Revision surgery

Still too early to predict final outcome.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon for his/her imput.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342-5029

Two week out from rhinoplasty, concerned

It's way to early to be concerned about your swelling from your rhinoplasty.  It needs much more time to settle down.  Give it a few months.

Paul Blair, MD
Hurricane Facial Plastic Surgeon

3667 Teays Valley Road
Hurricane, WV 25526

2 weeks! Much TOOOO early. You have swelling, allow 3 months of healing than you can decide if there is a deviation issue.///

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Post operative concerns

Your nose will certainly change over months.  I tell patients not to judge the rhinoplasty  results at this early stage.  In cases where the nasal tip is reshaped with struts or implants are used  the nostril shape can change.  The nostrils typically take on a more vertical shape and in some cases subtle differences are unavoidable.  Frequently  as swelling subsides the nostrils settle down and the nostril shape improves. In some cases a revision procedure may be required.

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

57 Centre Street
Thornhill, ON L4J 1G2

Rhinoplasty result at two weeks

At two weeks, it is a bit early to see the final result and a lot of what you are seeing may be swelling. Give it time to heal.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Too soon to tell.

I agree with the other comments below.  At 2 weeks, it is too early to tell.  Swelling can fluctuate throughout the day and can change based upon sleeping position and perhaps even sodium intake.  As a general rule of thumb, I inform my patients that at 6 weeks after surgery, approximately 70 percent of the swelling is gone; however, that can vary from person to person based upon their skin thickness and the type of rhinoplasty approach (an external approach has more swelling than an endonasal approach).  At 2 weeks, more than 50% of the overall swelling is still present, especially in a revision rhinoplasty with medpor and an alar base reduction, so I wouldn't get too concerned at this stage.  Hang in there and follow up with your surgeon if you are still concerned.  Take care. 

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

50 East 72nd Street
New York, NY 10021

2 weeks postop Rhinoplasty

It is difficult to appreciate the changes you are mentioning in these pictures .  There is definitely differential swelling sometimes.  There are sometimes small differences that may not be all too significant and you may just need to accept them. There is not a lot you can do now except to wait and be patient.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
White Plains Plastic Surgeon

311 North Street
White Plains, NY 10605

The swelling can be prominent at this early stage.  I would follow with your surgeon.   This may take the full year or more to resolve after the surgery.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Kenneth Hughes, MD

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210