I'm Having a Revision Rhinoplasty (On the Tip), is It Too Soon?

Going to have a 2nd rhinoplasty this July, which is 7 months after my first one. My tip is upturned and bulbous. The tip is facing upwards and it still has that bloated reddish look (like an elf nose). My nostrils have to fully show when I'm looking in mirror and they're very distracting. Btw, the swelling in the upper part of my nose inflated in a month, just not the tip. Could the tip be still stolen anyway?

Second Rhinoplasty in 7 months

+1

A picture is worth a thousands words and never more so than in evaluating the nose after a Rhinoplasty.  Pictures, of your nose, would make a more meanignful evaluation possible.

Revision at 7 months

+1

In general it is a good idea to wait about one year before seeking a revision.  There are a number of good reasons for this which your surgeon can discuss with you.  Having said that, each situation is unique and only your rhinoplasty surgeon knows the specific details of your procedure and should be the person deciding on whether you still have swelling of your tip.

Sam Naficy, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It's usually better to wait until a year has passed. i'm concerned about what you describe as a bloated reddish look. if there is still a lot of skin edema or a chance that the blood circulation is compromised then you could have some trouble. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by waiting another few months

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhino at one year

+1

The traditional teaching is that rhinoplasty revisions should be undertaken at one year or more. However ther are certainly situations that call for earlier intervention. It is felt at one year there should be no more edema (swelling)

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon