Revision Rhinoplasty: What Are Some Non-surgical Approaches? (photo)

I had a closed rhino-septoplasty a year and a half ago. Now, I have either extra scar tissue, cartilage, or both on the right side of my tip, which is obvious in my left oblique picture (it gives the appearance of a hump). My nose looks rather uneven from the front, too. I've talked to my surgeon about this, and he suggested a minimal surgical revision, but I don't want to go through that whole process again. What are some nonsurgical approaches to fixing this small, but frustrating problem?

Revision Rhinoplasty: What Are Some Non-surgical Approaches?

+2

Thanks for the question. For prominent cartilage or extra scar tissue I normally inject Kenalog (Trimcenolone) in small does with 8 weeks gap until it comes to level with rest of the surface of the nose which can dissolve both of these things and if you feel some areas are depressed then they can be filled with endless variety of fillers that PS uses these days. Ask you PS what he would like to do. You can give him these suggestions if he would like to use them. Wish you good luck.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical revision Rhinoplasty

+1
It is possible to fine tune a Rhinoplasty result without undergoing another surgery. This is achieved with use of various fillers. Typically this is done to smooth out fine irregularities of the nose, or fine tune asymmetry of the bridge, middle of the nose or the tip. In some cases, advanced fat grafting technique to the nose can also achieve the desired result. Typically these techniques do not make the nose smaller, but altering the proportions of the nose in artistic and subtle ways can make the tip appear somewhat smaller and more balanced. Consult someone that has lots of experience with performing revision Rhinoplasty surgery and has an artistic sense of facial esthetics.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical revision rhinoplasty.

+1

Only repeated fillers are non surgical.  I need to see better photos to tell you what you need for a minimal revision. 

Injectables can often solve minor assymetries and avoid rhinoplasty

+1

It is fairly simple to make these minor adjustments with injectable fillers such as restylane or juvederm

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

+1

If you are not interested in a Revision Tip-plasty, which would not require a complete Rhinoplasty, the only other option at 18 months post-op would be to add a small amount of filler to the opposite side making the tip more symmetric.  Fillers add volume so the downside to this approach would be that the nasal tip would be larger, not smaller after the filler injection.

Slight hump 1.5 years post-rhinoplasty

+1

Physical examination is necessary to accurately determine what is needed. However, I suspect the best result can be had by using an open approach to the tip and doing a precise tipplasty with stitches, grafting and sculpturing. If surgery is not an option for you, fillers may be used to remodel areas of the tip to gain a bit better symmetry.

Good luck!

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon