Had Revision Rhinoplasty with No Success? (photo)

1st Rhinoplasty: August 2009 / Revision rhinoplasty (same doctor): January 2012 Revision Reason: Silicone curved and shifted. Outline of the silicone was visible and the point where the silicone stops and the tip of the nose started was visible as the cartilage on the tip of the nose protruded from the body of the nose. Same problem is seemingly recurring. Elaboration of this problem and doctor's advice can be read the photo's caption. Open, I-shaped Silicone, Cartilage from ear

Revision Rhinoplasty after Silicone Implant Placement

+1

You are a perfect example of why I have not used silicone implants over the past 35 years. I have always used the patient's own cartilage. I would advise you to wait until the filler has absorbed or inject hyaluronidase to dissolve the Restylane and then have a revision which will be a permanent solution.

Silicone Implant Shifted

+1

Hi,

The reason why the implant is crooked is because it was put in right and probably wasnt secured with a stitch. In these cases implants can shift, move and become infected. Best advice is to have the implant removed or repositioned and secured so it doesnt move.

See links below.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS