Revision Rhinoplasty, Scared That Nose Might End Up Worse? (photo)

Hi, I had surgery due to a deviated septum in 2007, It sort of fixed the medical issue I had but left me with a hanging columella. I'm afraid of getting it fixed and having my nose look fake or end up looking worse than it is right now. I downloaded an app on my phone that allows you to Virtually edit your pictures. Is this a realistic view of what my nose COULD look like if I decided to get surgery?? This would be my dream. Thanks in advance!

Revision rhinoplasty for columellar show

+2

columellar show is one of the  tell tale signs of having had a rhinoplasty. He gives the nose a surgical  and bottom heavy look. This can be treated with a simple columellar-plasty which will involve trimming back of skin and cartilage along the columella. Please see our photo gallery below  to see how we have addressed columellar show in our practice

Reasonable Goals for Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

Your goals for revision surgery are reasonable. An experienced surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty can raise the columella and improve tip projection.

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

The result you are looking for does seem achievable. My concern is that in performing septoplasty many physician often remove a lot of cartilage and bone which could leave you susceptible to a loss of support. Be certain to find a surgeon with a lot of experience in revisions and the background to tackle this should it occur during your surgery.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty, Scared That Nose Might End Up Worse?

+1

Based on the photos provided it does seem to be within the realm of what an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon might achieve with a Revision Rhinoplasty.