Revision Rhinoplasty with Rib Implant?

I did a revision rib rhinoplasty and alarplasty as i had a short nose with alar retracted. Now two weeks post op my nose is huge above all the bridge between up eyelids.The surgeon said to wait at last 2 months for the swollen with my thick skin it take time but i wonder why the bridge between my eyes is so swollen normally the bridge should start between my pupils, it terrify me because i look like a monster my bridge is too elevated. How do you think doctors do i have to be worried about it?

Swelling two weeks after surgery

+1

At two weeks after your surgery, you will still have a significant degree of swelling.  Please be patient as even a small amount of swelling in the nose looks significant.  Please consult with your surgeon for any advice on how to reduce your swelling. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty and rib graft

+1

It sounds normal at this time. It is very common for your nose to be quite swollen after a revision rhinoplasty especially one with a rib implant. I would continue to follow your surgeon's advice and be patient at this point.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Too Elevated at 2 Weeks after Rib Rhinoplasty

+1

There is no question that at 2 weeks after a rib graft in a revision rhinoplasty that you may look very swollen.  This is a big surgery, and you have to be more patient. 

Post revision rhinoplasty

+1

In these circumstances you have to have trust in your surgeons opinion. He/she knows best where you are in the recovery phase. Keep frequent follow up appointments to help keep your mind at ease. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Revision rhinoplasty and result

+1

I think that you need to give it time to settle down. The swelling will take away probably several months to subside.