Revision Rhinoplasty on Rib-cartilage-instilled Nose?

hi i had a rhinoplasty done with rib cartilage to lengthen my nose as well as to sharpen the nose tip. i feel my nose tip can be slightly sharper. is it possible to use more rib cartilage to sharpen it?

Rhinoplasty with Rib Cartilage

+1

This is a question best asked of your original surgeon, or another surgeon who is proficient with the use of rib cartilage.  Personally I prefer to use GoreTex as my implant of choice.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty to increase tip definition

+1

Are you 2 years out from your rhinoplasty with rib cartilage?  If not, give it a full two years to see if the tip becomes "sharper" as it heals.  

If you are more than 2 years out, then certainly things can be done to create more tip definition.  You may or may not need rib cartilage as there may be sufficient cartilage in your septum or ear to provide graft material for your tip.  Keep in mind also, that the thickness of your skin may also limit the degree of definition you will be able to achieve.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Cartilage Graft to Improve Tip Definition

+1

If we had pictures it would be easier to answer your question but cartilage grafts can be used to improve tip definition. It is unlikely that it will be necessary to harvest more rib; adequate cartilage can probably be found in the ears or septum.

Revison Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Tip

+1

Hi Sophie,

You can certainly have better definition in your tip with additional cartilage grafts. I would recommend using septal cartilage or auricular cartllage grafts. Photos would helpful.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

#Revision #Rhinoplasty and Rib Graft

+1

Without a photo, it is impossible to tell, but using rib cartilage needs to be done for a major revision of the nose. Small manipulations are likely not worth the effort and recovery associated with a rib graft. See a surgeon who has significant experience with this surgery to better understand your options.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD