Revision Rhinoplasty Results Aren't What I'd Hoped, When Will I See The Final Result?

Its been about 6 months after I had my revision rhinoplasty and It is taking time for me to really accept my new nose, I really wanted something narrower from the front and more refined. When I look at myself in the mirror I can tell it does look different and slimmer but when I take pictures it looks big and like it has not really changed much. On the third month of my follow up my surgeon said it would start to get narrower from the tip but it’s taking loong. Will it get better after a year?

Noses heal and get smaller for a year or more after primary rhinoplasty, LONGER after revision surgery

+2

It is difficult but important to have patience when healing from revision rhinoplasty. I tell most of my patients that their noses will be quite swollen for up to many months post-surgery. For a patient with thin skin and a primary rhinoplasty, you can expect close to the final result at a year. For revision surgery this can take a year or two to see close to the final result.

A second reason why noses might look wider after revision surgery is that we often need to use grafts to open up the airway and improve breathing. A small minority of revision rhinoplasty patients like their tiny little noses from over-done surgery and want to breathe better with revision surgery but want their noses to remain tiny, which isn't always possible.

A third reason noses may look larger in photos is that cellphone cameras and even high quality digital cameras all have some "fish-eye" effect. Objects in the center of the photo are magnified. That is why facial plastic surgeons typically use portrait macro lenses for our photos. A macro lens gives an exactly parallel image.

Web reference: http://www.revisionrhinoplastyny.com/

Hen will all the swelling be gone

+1

It is different for different people and different surgeons. We toss around terms like 6 months and 1 year but they are estimates and meaningless to go by. It is like saying you'll be 20% happier with your new car.