Can a Revision Rhinoplasty Restore the Contour/ Bulbous Shape to my Nose?

I used to have a very bulbous nose. I had rhinoplasty 5 months ago to correct a few deformities - mainly a deviated tip. My surgeon ended up completely flattening down and removing all bulbousness from one side of my nose. Its even concave at the tip on that side. That whole side of my nose is dented in and flat. The other side is still somewhat contoured. Can a revision puff the flattened side of my nose out again? How difficult is that?

Five months too early to consider revision surgery on bulbous tip.

+2

You indeed might require revisional surgery. With thick skin covering the nasal tip improvement might still happen even after five months.

+1

It is too early to perform a revision.   An exam will be necessary to determine what needs to be done if a revision is to be performed at about 12 months.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Can a revision rhinoplasty restore the contour/bulbous shape to my nose?

+1

Photos and/or an exam would really be necessary to give you the best advice. It is possible you may benefit from a revision down the road, but only an exam can tell for sure. I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified revision rhinoplasty specialist. They will be able to look at your nose in person and give you feedback. You will still have residual swelling after 5 months, and will need to give it some time and see how you continue to heal. It is best to wait around one year before considering a revision. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Nasal tip asymmetry after a rhinoplasty

+1

A revision rhinoplasty may be possible but I would give it at least 9 to 12 months before you make this decision.  I would also ask your surgeon why he thinks this happened and if he believes it will improve over time.  

Revision rhinoplasty can restore the contour of the bulbouls shape to your nose.

+1

Revision rhinoplasty can restore the contour of the bulbouls shape to your nose. You need to wait three months to see a revision rhinoplasty experienced surgeon and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of adding cartilage to the flat side or removing cartilage from the bulbous side.

Timing of Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Wait another 5-6 months before evaluating your result and considering possible changes. I would not recommend restoring the bulbous contour that you did not like before your original surgery. Find a surgeon who specializes in revision surgery.