Revision Rhinoplasty to Reduce Width of Nostrils and Further Define Tip? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 1 yr ago to remove a bump, reduce the width of my nose, and define the tip. I am still not satisfied with the width of my nostrils and the tip seems bulbous to me still. My nose is too big proportionally compared to my smaller eyes and small/thin face. If I go to the same doctor for a revision rhinoplasty procedure, what do you think is a reasonable price? I hear that going to the same doctor for a revision procedure greatly reduces the surgeon fee if any at all.

Nasal Width Reduction

+2
Nasal With Reduction cannot be achieved with alar reduction only and the true nasal base remains unchanged. Alar Repositioning Technique is one technique that can reduce nasal base without scars.

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty to Reduce Width of Nostrils and Further Define Tip?

+1

From the picture, no real advice can be given as to the appropriateness of additional nostril reduction and tip refinement.  Sometimes, there is near maximal improvement and revision does not make sense to put the patient through surgery again.  If the revision does make sense, alar base reduction is a quick procedure that can be performed under local.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision rhinoplasty cost by the original surgeon

+1

Every office has different policies regarding their own revisions. For our own revisions in our office, we charge only for the anesthesia, and there is no charge for the operating room and surgeons fee. In this particular case and an alar-plasty can be performed under local anesthesia, so  there would not any charges in our office. Make sure you have realistic expectations going into any revisional work

Different surgeons have different practices on this

+1

Unfortunately there is not a standard policy that surgeons will follow with regard to fees for revision of their own work.  Many surgeons will revise at no cost if there is a clear problem or complication.  Rhinoplasty cannot always achieve as much change as one idealizes, and it is possible that your nose has been reduced to its capacity (based on your anatomy and skin type).  This is hard to tell from one photo--your surgeon would be better able to guide you on this.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon