Should I Consider a Revision Rhinoplasty to Reduce my Nasion?

I am a 49 year old female. I had rhinoplasty about 4 weeks ago. My principal concern was the hump on my nose and the overall size of my nose. My surgeon removed the hump and my profile view is improved. However, I think my nose overall looks larger than before from the front. My nose now seems to project directly from my forehead which makes my nose look long and big. I think my nasion needs to be reduced to provide definition between my nose and forehead. Is this possible pr realistic?

4 weeks post-op

+1

One month post surgery is very early to make judgments about the appearance of the nose - you should be more patient

High nasion 4 weeks after surgery

+1

Still too early to make a judgement about the result this soon after surgery. Patience is your best friend at this stage. When the swelling is gone in 9-12 months, then you are in a better position to decide whether you need a revision.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reduction of Nasion Post Rhinoplasty

+1

The fullness of your nasion 4 weeks after rhinoplasty is at least partly secondary to normal post-op swelling. Wait about 6 months and then consider nasion reduction.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It is still very soon after your surgery, and too soon to consider any revision work. Swelling after rhinoplasty can last from 18-24 months, and the final result will not be evident until that time. And it is difficult to give you any advice without seeing photos and/or performing an examination. Right now, you should speak with your physician about any concerns you may have, as he/she knows the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. If after at least 6 months you are still not satisfied, I would be happy to take a look at your photos and give my opinion. Thank you, and best of luck to you.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty recovery

+1

It is way to early to comment on the final shape of the nose.  There is still alot of swelling at 4 weeks.

Rhinoplasty results one month after surgery

+1

Your concerns are very valid.  A reduction in the bridge can occasionally make the nasion or radix area look too projected.  At this point, however, you should know that it is still very early for you to be able to judge your results.  This area is prone to swelling in the postoperative stage, and in general, the swelling in this area may take about six to eight weeks to improve.  The appearance from the front is similarly often larger at this early stage of healing as well, and it often looks larger until six to eight weeks after surgery.  The overal healing and remodeling of the nose will be complete around twelve months after surgery. 

I would suggest that you discuss the question with your surgeon on your routine visit, and seek reassurance that this area will be flatter as the healing process continues. 

Dr. Torkian - Lasky Clinic, Beverly Hills

Behrooz Torkian, MD