Revision Rhinoplasty for Recurring Bump?

I already had a nose job and its been 5 yrs and I see a little bump again. Do I have to do surgery again on my nose?

Noses sometimes change after Rhinoplasty

+1

Not totally unusual for the nose to exhibit minor changes five years after surgery. Either you can have another minor Rhinoplasty operation to correct the problem or consider filling injections, which are office treatments.

Filling injections are used to raise the surrounding tissue, ever so minimally,to" hide" the bump. It is all about fooling the eye. There are both temporary and permanent fillers available. If you opt for a temporary, it can be done at one session. If you decide on a permanent filler, it will have to be injected " a little bit at a time". This reduces the chance of any overcorrection which would be difficult to correct. Sequential and cumulative injections of the permanent filler gives you a chance to view your nose and decide at what point you are satisfied.

Finally, remember that after the fillers, it may be possible to feel the bump. But it should be invisible. It's how the nose looks, not how it feels.

Revision rhinoplasty for recurring bump

+1

No, you don't need surgery again.

However, if the bump bothers you, then revision rhinoplasty may be a possible solution. Bumps after nose job surgery may be cartilage, bone, scar, or combination. Injectable filler is a possible alternative treatment to revision nasal surgery, depending on the specific cause, location, and other factors.

Obtain a comprehensive examination by a rhinoplasty surgeon to determine if revision rhinoplasty is appropriate for you.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

A small nose-bump may be camouflaged with a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty.

+1

If you have a small bump on the bridge of your nose, it may be minimized by an Injectable Filler treatment above and below the bump.

I've attached a photo demonstrating this technique.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

The nose continues to change many years after a rhinoplasty procedure. There may be subtle changes that come about with time. Sometimes, unless properly addressed during the first operation, the tip of the nose may lose support over time. This is sometimes a cause for a recurring hump in the mid to upper portion of the nose. Without evaluating your nose it is difficult to determine the cause. I would think that a small bump could easily be addressed with a revision procedure.

Henry Daniel Sandel IV, MD
Annapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon