Revision Rhinoplasty Recovery Time? I have thick skin which I have heard plays a large role in the healing process.

I had revision rhinoplasty performed almost 2 months ago and the majority of the work was done to the Nasal Supratip of my nose. My nose is still pretty tender to the touch and also does not look much different. I have thick skin which I have heard plays a large role in the healing process. I was wondering if someone could give me a rough estimate on how much of the swelling will reduce in the next couple of months. For ex. on a scale of 1-10 how different will my nose look in 3 months from now?

Revision rhinoplasty and tip swelling

+1

Your tip swelling will gradually improve over 6 months to a year.  Every one heals differently so it is difficult to put a number on it.

Needs a full year before seeing final result

+1

Hello. At two months you are nowhere close to your final results and for a full year after your procedure your cosmetic appearance will continue to improve. As a rough estimate based on this timeframe, you will be about halfway to your final result in three months. Just try to be patient as these trouble areas will improve.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD