Can Revision Rhinoplasty Rebuild the Nasofrontal Area Ot the Nose or the Area Where the Nasal Bone Meets the Forehead?

My first rhinoplasty left my nose to feminine and the bone between my eyes is uneven, one side really dips in and the grafts show on the other side.

Nasofrontal augmentation

+1

Yes - this area can be augmented with cartilage grafts obtained form the septum, rib, or ear - there are a few technical challenges to make the grafts not move and not show

Naso-frontal angle can be rebuilt

+1

The glabellar area or nasofrontal area can be built up with cartilaginous grafts, preferably from nasal cartilage. If the nasal cartilage has been depleted from the previous rhinoplasty, then ear cartilage can be used. Occasionally synthetic implants, such as silastic, can be used if a large amount of grafting material is needed and there is no cartilage left on the inside of the nose.  

Correction of the nasofrontal angle will require reoperation.

+1

Without knowing the specific nature of your first operation, a revision can  be performed to add volume to the angle between the dorsum of the nose and the forehead.  The proper angle should be 120 degrees. Overresection can deepen the angle, but it is correctable.

Correction of the nasofrontal area with Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, improvement of the nasofrontal area can be addressed with revision rhinoplasty.  From what you describe it appears that the original radix grafts which were placed might have shifted causing the uneven contour.  If the radix area is still to deep, from an aesthetic standpoint, then this area might need to be built up with other grafts during the revision procedure.  I prefer diced cartilage/fascia grafts in this area.  They provide a pliable graft, with smooth contours preventing any visible contour irregularities.  Good Luck....Dr. Corrado

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

A revisoin rhinoplasty can be done to try to improve the problems that you are concerned about.  Find a good revision surgeon to evaluate your concerns.

Nasal bridge correction with nose job (rhinoplasty)

+1

It sounds as if a nasal graft from your first procedure may have shifted. This may occur with silicone implants in particular. There are a variety of options for removing and replacing the implant or graft. Getting a copy of your original operative record  would be very helpful.

Rebuilding the nasofrontal area with revision rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, the nasofrontal area can be built back up with a revision surgery to make it more masculine. This is usually done with cartilage grafts taken from the septum, ear or rib. Which area cartilage is taken from depends on how much is needed and what length of cartilage is required. If you've already had prior septal sugery you may require the use of cartilage from the ear (conchal bowl) or rib.

I recommend visiting with a board certified surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty surgery to get a full assessment.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Revision rhinoplasty can improve the problems of your first surgery

+1

Yes, a revision rhinoplasty has the potential to give you a stronger and more even contour and profile of your nose and radix area.  This will require augmentation, typically with your own cartilage although there are other options as well.  If your septum was previously operated on either for septoplasty or harvesting graft material, it may not be adequate to supply the necessary cartilage for the revision.  You may need cartilage removed from your ear or rib to provide enough to treat this area.  Find a plastic surgeon who not only does rhinoplasty, but is comfortable doing rhinoplasty revisions.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

The nasofrontal area can be modified and can lead to improved nasal appearance

+1

Hi Sacramento,

The area between the eyes can be augmented and is an often neglected area in rhinoplasy, but one that can lead to great improvement in the overall nasal appearance.  If there are areas of asymmetry of the bones or grafts that show, then then these will need to obviously be addressed.  If the nasofrontal (or radix) area needs to be augmented, then this can be performed with cartilage or fascia.  There are several wonderful facial plastic surgeons in the Sacramento area that would be able to address your concerns.  I recommend that you seek evaluation by one of these experienced rhinoplasty surgeons to discuss all available options with you.

Good Luck!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon