Rhinoplasty and Nose is Still Wide and Crooked? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty procedure in 2006. I feel that the results were an improvement but I have been unhappy with the fact that my nose is still wider than I had hoped. I feel that my nose is crooked and nostrils are too wide. Any suggestions?

Crooked Nose and Wide Nostrils Improvement with Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Osteotomies and other measures to correct the crooked nature of a nose can be performed, but the nose is rarely, if ever, perfectly straight.  The nostrils can be reduced as well.   Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Wide, Crooked Nose

+1

I'm sorry you did not achieve the desired result with your previous rhinoplasty surgery. The base of your nose can be narrowed and the flare of your nostrils reduced. A full set of pictures would help to evaluate your other concerns; go to my website for instructions on how to take pictures for nasal evaluation.

Wide nostrils need alar excisions

+1

If nostril width is an issue it can be fixed with excision of flaring nostril through a nasal crease incision.

Mild deviations are unpredicatble to fix.

See your doctor.  He may feel differently.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

I am sorry that you are not happy with your result. It may be a good idea to review your pre-op photos as well. You may be able to obtain a revision to satisfy you goals.

Surgery can narrow the nostrils

+1

There are a variety of procedures that can narrow the nostrils.  It is important to understand that there may need to be external incisions to create this result.  The tip can also be refined to help improve this result.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon