Revision rhinoplasty, polly beak, crooked nose, which way?

I´will have a revision rhinoplasty. Do you think it´s a good idea to have a extra- corporeal septoplasty in combination with grafts, to fix a polly beak ,also a deviated septum / crooked nose? Did you ever do these two things together in this way ? I´m worried if it is "too much", the wrong way? I would be already pleased if only my profile would look more beatiful(pollybeak)

+1

In general, the fewer the number of maneuvers and the more elegant the decision making process the better and the more predictable the result.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

+1

The corrections need to be individualized based on your particular anatomy.

Following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, evaluating a full series of nasal photos, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of each procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Revision septoplasty and rhinoplasty

+1

Revision septoplasty and rhinoplasty can be complicated, but extracorporeal septoplasty is usually not required. The crooked nose is best addressed with medial and lateral osteotomies and spreader grafts.The Deviated septum can also be repaired if it is still crooked. The Polly beak deformity is being addressed based on what is causing the deformity, such as scar tissue versus extra cartilage. This can be addressed with a revision rhinoplasty procedure which may or may not require cartilage grafting.