Revision Rhinoplasty Pain and Numbness?

I am going in for my fifth and LAST rhinoplasty. Going in with an absolute mess...breathing problems, deformities, etc. Question is that I have pain and numbness in my nose and this is several years since my last revision. I think it is because so many displaced grafts. Will my pain possibly improve with a well done revision? Same question on the numbness ... Will that possibly improve? Thank you Nick

Revision Rhinoplasty Pain and Numbness?

+1

Pain and numbness are unlikely to improve in the 5th revision, and breathing problems and cosmetic deformities to be addressed will be a challenge.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty and numbness

+1

Nick,

I hope your surgery goes very well.  I wouldn't expect the pain and or numbness to improve after your rhinoplasty as usually this is secondary to poor nerve healing as opposed to displaced grafts; depending on the nearby structure and location of the graft, mild prolonged pain might be possible.  If you get improvement in the pain and numbness after surgery, consider it an added bonus but I wouldn't use this as the sole reason for having a rhinoplasty.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon