My Nose is Too Small One Month After Rhinoplasty, Is 6 Months Too Soon For Revision?

I had rhinoplasty about a month ago with a very reputable surgeon in NYC. I ended up with a nose that is too short for my face. I recently went in to see him and he sympathized with my concerns. He said that in my case, he could revise my rhino at 3-6 months depending on swelling. He said because he knew what was done initially, he could fix it easier than a new surgeon. This gave me hope but I'm also wondering if it is too early? I'm anxious to fix this but I'm also apprehensive.

+1
I prefer to wait close to 12 months before doing a revision rhinoplasty.  I have no issues with the same surgeon doing the revision and it sounds as though you are comfortable with him as well.

Timing of augmentation rhinoplasty

+1

In general it is a good idea to wait about one year before seeking a revision but every situation is unique and only your rhinoplasty surgeon knows the specific details of your procedure and should be the person making the call - but there is nothing to lose by waiting

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/index.php

No revision Rhinoplasty sooner than 6 month intervals

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and historically, Rhinoplasty surgery has to be spaced at least 6 months apart.  If the skin is lifted, off the nasal skeleton, sooner than 6 month intervals the skin itself can become damaged resulting in a cobblestone appearance that can't be fixed.  Wait the 6 months, IMHO.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whats-Your-Number-The-Palmer-Code/53723954087

Revison Rhinoplasty after six months

+1

if you are confident with your original research, and your surgeon is an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, it makes sense to follow his recommendations. If your nose is "too small" at this time, it certainly will not improve over time, and may in fact become smaller as the swelling subsides. The longer you wait for revision, the better your result will be, and easier for the surgeon to accomplish. It would probably make sense to stay with your original surgeon if you still have confidence in his ability. Just hold on.

Revision rhinoplasty for short nose

+1

You should wait at least 6.12 months prior to considering any type of revision procedure on your nose.  You must wait until all of the swelling resolves and the soft tissues mature.

Nose too small

+1

I'm sorry to hear of your problem. From what you are describing I would recommend waiting a minimum of 6 months, but preferably longer. The reason is you don't want to undercorrect because of swelling. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by waiting and can be more confident of adequate correction.

It sounds like you have a good rapport with your surgeon and I would remain with him. I definitely agree that the original surgeon knows best what's "under the cover" and what to expect when he goes back to adjust the result. This will lead to a smoother procedure.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Although complete healing may take as much as 12 months or more, majority of the swelling is gone by 6 months and should be OK to do revision.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty surgery is typically performed 6-12 months after your initial surgery.

+1
Nasal lengthening is a difficult undertaking in any scenario. This may be achieved with cartilage grafting in experienced hands. If you're comfortable with your surgeon, you may consider a revision. You may want to get a second opinion from a reputable, certified rhinoplasty specialist in the meantime. I hope this is helpful for you. Regards from NJ.

Web reference: Http://nosejobphotos.com

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty at 6 months

+1

Although for very specific unique problems I will occasionally re-operate on a rhinoplasty sooner than one year after wards, typically I will wait a full year before performing revision surgery.  It takes a very long time for swelling to resolve after rhinoplasty and working on a nose that is still swollen will inevitably lead to the possibility of misjudgment or inaccuracy.  It is true that because I know what I did during the first procedure, I have a better understanding about how to correct a specific problem.  If you still have confidence in your surgeon you should trust his judgment.  However, it is always reasonable to get a second opinion.  If you want to do that, then make sure the rhinoplasty surgeon you choose is experienced, particularly in revision procedures.  Typically an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon performs at least 100 rhinoplasties per year. Good luck.

Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Secondary rhinoplasty

+1

your surgeon is right in saying he knows what he did during the first surgery.

Sometimes in obvious problems after surgery it is easier to go early before the scar is solidly established. However accuracy is compromized because of the swelling.