Revision Rhinoplasty to Make Nose Bridge More Masculine?

Can a small bridge be rebuilt into a higher, more masculine one (by an experienced surgeon) through Revision Rhinoplasty? By how much is this possible?

The bridge of your nose can be entirely rebuilt in revision rhinoplasty

+3

One of the most common reasons for which I see patients for revision rhinoplasty is because of over resection of the bridge of the nose or nasal dorsum. In males it is especially troublesome because a scooped bridge tends to feminize the nose.

The bridge can be rebuilt relatively high and this would depend upon what materials your surgeon elects to use to rebuild your nose. Your septum provides the best material for reshaping your nose, however, in revision surgery, the septum has often times already been used during the primary rhinoplasty or has been discarded. Auricular (ear) cartilage, rib cartilage, and alloplastic implants can all be used to rebuild your nose and once again, the choice will depend upon the surgeons level of comfort that he or she will obtain the desired aesthetic result with each of the materials mentioned. I prefer to use cartilage as it has the least chance for infection or extrusion in revision cases.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bridge Augmentation in Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

The bridge can be augmented (enlarged) in revision rhinoplasty. I prefer to use cartilage from the septum, the ear, or the ribs. Synthetic material can be used, but I think it is better to use the patient's  own tissue which will become integratd into the surrounding nose.