Revision Rhinoplasty and Nitric Oxide Supplement for Bodybuilding

I am a bodybuilder and I had a revision rhinoplasty 6 weeks ago. In 1 week I would need to restart my training & I am required to start taking Nitric Oxide supplements (NO-XPLODE). I want to know how this will affect my nose because nitric oxide supplements works by dilating blood vessels making them wider so that more blood can be delivered,therefore increasing blood flow in the body & improving circulation. This supplement also contain large amounts of caffeine.

After revision rhinoplasty: the fewer medicines the better!

+1

Hi, Dima

I understand your desire to restart your training, but you have already made a big commitment to your nose.

In my opinion, the wisest thing is to stay away from any medication that could possibly have an effect on the healing for at least three months.  Frankly, we do not know the end game about how nitric oxide can effect healing tissues. 

Here is one of my favorite sayings:  "When in doubt, do without." 

It is always applicable to cosmetic and nasal surgery, and rhinoplasty, or any other cosmetic procedure, where you do not want to incur any additional risk - predictable or unpredictable. 

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Revision rhinoplasty and Nitric Oxide

+1

It probably will have minimal effect on your nose except for the typical effects it can have on the skin of your face which could include enlarging the blood vessels.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon