Doctor Recommendation for Revision Rhinoplasty in New York

8 years since rhinoplasty. tip asymmetry baseline, surgeon did no correction. smoothed bump on bridge (which I now think lacks definition from frontal view). happy with profile view. but alar asymmetry bothers me. indentation across bridge from swim goggles after surgery. (can't be seen in low light.) also baseline: right profile, two indentations run vertically down side of nostril. i am in New York. suggestions on NY revision MD & treatments? could filler be used to corrections? or surgery?

I would like to find NY doctors who specialize in revision rhinoplasty. I assume I should be hearing the same 2 or 3 names recommended by other doctors. I'd imagine nationwide I'd hear the same top ten. Reputation and expertise is important. But don't want a doctor who stacks patients. Time and attention to detail are also important. Also, what board certifications should I look for?

Revision rhinoplasty in NYC

+3

Two Boards certify rhinoplasty surgeons: Am. Board of Plastic Surgery and Am. Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS). But thats only the start. You need to find in each those who truly are rhinoplasty surgeons, ie interersted in and doing a lot, especially revision. I woud agree with Miller, Pastorek and Pearlman.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision in NYC

+3

There are many experienced rhinoplasty surgeons and each surgeon has a unique set of skills and tools which may make him or her the best surgeon for that unique problem.  Having said that you can consider Dr. Norman Pastorek and Dr. Phillip Miller

Sam Naficy, MD

+1

The ASPS and ASAPS websites are good starting points for qualified, board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. A. Peter Salas is a possibility. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options for either nonsurgical rhinoplasty or rhinoplasty revision.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

In this day and age, many who want the best surgical outcome are not restricted having surgey in the same city.  Here in Beverly Hills, we see patients from all across the country, as well as abroad, particularly from the Middle East.  I suggest coming to Beverly Hills or Orange Country (Newport Beach) where there are many great Rhinoplasty Surgeons including Rollin Daniel or Jeff Keyes.  It is something to consider. 

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Revision rhinoplasty in New York

+1

For revision rhinoplasty in New York, I would recommend Steven Pearlman.  He is a facial plastic surgeon meaning he specializes only in plastic surgery of the face.  He is a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon who I have heard speak many times.  He achieves phenomenal results.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may be a candidate for either Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery or Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos. It's tough to tell from your photos what might be best for you.

If you're happy with the size of your nose, but wish to restore symmetry, you may be a candidate for a non-surgical rhinoplasty treatment to restore lost volume from your initial rhinoplasty. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

If your tip droops too low, or if yoor nasal bones are too wide on your front view, then you may require well-performed Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery.

You should consult several certified, reputable rhinoplasty specialists to see what would be best for you.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon