Revision Rhinoplasty Needed? (photos)

I had rhinoplasty 10 years ago, as the years pass I noticed one side of my nose collapsed slightly. With this, a hard almost cartilage like bump has formed on the bottom of my nose on the side that is drooping. I believe there is a chance my septum is deviated as well. Can this be covered by insurance? And what is the proper way to fix this without changing the overall appearance of my nose. This is very upsetting to see happen and any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Revision Rhinoplasty?

+1
Based on only two pictures, you are correct. There is a collapse of your right lower lateral cartilage region, asymmetry in the tip, and a bump on the right side of the columella. 

If you have breathing difficulties and a deviated septum, your insurance may cover the functional part of the surgery.

Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Without an in person exam it is hard to give a recommendation, based on what i can see in the photos it looks as though you have had a collapse of the ala and nasal side wall.

contact a plastic surgeon in your area that specializes in rhinoplasty procedure.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Revsion Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It appears that you have an inverted V deformity, asymmetric nostrils, over-resected cephalic cartilages and alar retraction. If you have a deviated septum as well, your insurance will cover that cost which may reduce some of the other cost involved in reconstruction.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Issues correctable

+1
With time and skin contracture, you have had collapse of the ala and nasal sidewall.  These are correctable, and for the most part likely covered by insurance (not all).  However, they will necessarily create a cosmetic appearance change, which I believe would be beneficial.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Revision

+1

Any answer from the photos would only be an approximation - an in person consultation is needed, but it looks as if you could benefit from a revision with some cartilage grafting to improve the appearance of your nose. Only an examination can tell about your septum and other bumps not seen in the photo.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Revision rhinoplasty for deviated nose with asymmetry of the tip.

+1
Revision rhinoplasty for deviated nose with asymmetry of the tip is what you will require. The insurance will pay for any septal noncosmetic problem. You should discuss this with your original surgeon or see a revision rhinoplasty specialist who is very experienced. 

Revision rhinoplasty 10 years after

+1
Based on your photos it seems that your alae (nostrils, more so on the right side) are weak and collapsing inward.  You may notice that the collapse is more noticeable when you breath in.  The reason for this is the weak support of the nostrils by the cartilages of the nasal tip.  Not sure about the bump on the bottom of the nose, it may be a deviated septum, but cannot tell based on the pictures.  What you need is to reestablish the support of the nasal alae to improve the symmetry and prevent further collapse.  This is usually done with the use of septal or ear cartilage grafts. You need a full nasal exam though before committing to a certain plan of action.  Good luck.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty 10 years later

+1
You need to be seen and examined with nasal endoscopy to look for septal deviation and assess the internal and external nasal valves. Correction of these potential breathing issues may be covered by insurance, depending on your plan. The drooping at the tip of your nose may be a graft that shifted from your previous surgery.  
Revision Rhinoplasties are more difficult then primary rhinoplasties, so make sure to find a Certified surgeon who is experienced in Revision procedures.
You said you don't want to change the overall appearance of you nose, but you may like it if the middle of the bridge of your nose was thinned a little to match the contour of the rest of the nose.  Make sure that your surgeon is able to show you a digital mock up of what he or she plans to do, so you can see the thought process.

Ramtin Kassir, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty Needed?

+1

Breathing issues if present may be covered.  External appearance issues will likely not be covered.

Revision Rhinoplasty Post Op 10 years

+1
An exam is needed to see if you have a deviated septum. In many cases, insurance will cover this.  At the same setting, a rhinoplasty could be performed  to address your cosmetic concerns.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, who specializes in Rhinoplasty surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD