Revision Rhinoplasty Needed? (photo)

I have been unhappy with my nose, especially the tip as it has two bumps (bossae) and appears twisted when looked at straight on. I also recently had a cartilage graft to correct a dent and while it improved, it's still noticeable especially when I smile. I'm asking here because my family/friends all tell me I look fine; I'm seeking a more objective opinion. I also don't want to ruin my nose because the results are a huge improvement from where I started. Thank you for your response.

Bossae on nose after rhinoplasty

+2

It's hard to assess your nose from only seeing your photos. I do see that your right lower lateral cartilage area has asymmetric fullness. This may be where you're cartilage graft was placed.

When considering revision surgery you must balance the risk of creating new problems versus the correcting your current concerns.

An in person examination and discussion with a experience rhinoplasty surgeon would be a good next step.

You can learn more about revision rhinoplasty at my web reference link below.

Need for Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

If your not satisfied with the appearance of your nose I encourage you to explore your options despite what your family/friends say. Patients like you should sit down with an experienced surgeon who will carefully examine your nose and discuss your concerns.

Revision Rhinoplasty - yes or no

+2

Thanks for the question. Yes the birds eye view that you have posted shows that a tip plasty can sort out these projections. Your profile however is perfect. In my opnion you should keep it that way and should not ask to alter it . You however have your own perspective of a good profile and your PS his own but to me it looks good on your face. I wish you all the best.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Ch,

I would lean toward a revision rhinoplasty of your tip, as it appears that there is excessive fullness of your right tip.  Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. p

Michael A. Persky, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the photos. It would be interesting to see your first pre-ops to see where you started.  A revision may give improvement to narrow the tip a bit more. 

Revision needed?

+1

It 's hard to give a strong opinion without seeing your before photos. I think your tip is still a bit boxy but everything else looks pretty good. It really depends on how much it bothers you. I'm not sure how long it's been since surgery but I would wait a year before making any final decisions.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Wide tip after cartilage graft rhinoplasty

+1

You have a wide tip with asymmetry.  I am surprised that you don't have a more even tip after a tip rhinoplasty.  I would wait a few months for things to settle and mature and then get the opinion of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has had experience with revision rhinoplasty.  Be sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post op pictures.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Your tip can be improved

+1

The best would be in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. You tip is wide based on the submitted pictures.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty Needed?

+1

More objective opinions needs either MUCH better posted photos without the shading or shadowing. OR IN PERSON evaluations 

Early postop result after rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the photos. I am unclear whether these photos are preop or postop ? It would be nice to compare before and after photos. Also if you just recently had the surgery, it's a good idea to wait at least 6 months to determine if final result is satisfactory.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS