I Had Revision Rhinoplasty 7 Months Ago with Ear Cartilage Grafts and my Nose is Lumpy Will This Go?

I had revision rhinoplasty 7 months ago with ear cartilage grafts to re-build a collapsed right side and tip. I very frustrated because my nose is not only still swollen but is is lumpy to touch and some are visible. Will these bumps go away? They have gotten a little better

Lumpy nose following revision

+1

It is difficult to give you advice without seeing photos and/or performing an examination. In general, the final result of rhinoplasty may not be evident for 18-24 months following surgery. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. The nose will continue to change throughout the healing process. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/revision-rhinoplasty/

Lumpy nose after revision rhinoplasty

+1

It depends on why the nose is lumpy.  Is it scar tissue from previous surgery?  Is it a prominent graft?  Is it the combination of the two?  So the answer is to discuss with your surgeon and keep an eye on the situation over time.