Revision Rhinoplasty with Medpor and Conchal Implant--was the Medpor a Mistake?

I foolishly agreed to elevate a tip when my doctor suggested it at the last minute before surgery for a bulbous tip & regretted it immediately. I went to him for a tip reduction & I now have a ball at the end of my nose. He's reputable, but I worry--did I prolong the time my nose will be swollen? Will the prednisone help? Does it help I have my own cartilage in my nose? In a week, much of the swelling was gone but the ball remains & I am worried I undid any effects of tip reduction.

Implant with Rhinoplasty

+1

Any prosthetic implants will likely cause prolonged swelling in the nose and risks extrusion.  For that reason, I only use your own tissue for augementation.  Without photos, it is difficult to fully address your issues.  It is very important that you consult a board-certified Plastic Surgeon with your concerns.

Rhinoplasty with Medpor and Conchal Cartilage

+1

Over the past 35 years I've never used Medpor in rhinoplasty surgery. I prefer to use the patient's own cartilage. Having said that, you need to let healing progress for 9-12 months after the operation before evaluating your result.

Revision Rhinoplasty with Medpor and Conchal Cartilage

+1

Hi,

Its very difficult to assess you nose without see pictures of your concerns. In addition, how much time has elapsed since the surgery??

Dr.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com