Revision Rhinoplasty for Large Nostrils

I had rhinoplasty a year ago in Feb now, I am still unhappy with my nose. I had some tip work & I had a nostril grafted which is a bit higher than my other nostril now. I am wondering if this will come down to meet my other nostril and if the swelling will come down more in tip and bulbous area I am considering getting my nostrils smaller. I want to know If this is possible for my nose and I could get a natural look out of it. I just want them a but smaller and not pushed in to look "pinchy".

Nostril narrowing

+1

With a revision rhinoplasty you likely still have swelling at one year - especially if you seem to have thicker skin.  Narrowing the nostrils too much may negatively impact your breathing

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/index.php

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I think I understand what you are seeking however would need to evaluate your photos. It is unfortunate that you did not achieve your desired results - therefore, it is more important than ever that you find an experienced surgeon who can properly perform your next procedure.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Thick nasal tip skin is the primary cause of postoperative bulbous tip. This type of skin is usually sebaceous and need to be thinned during surgery and treated with steriod afterward to prevent scar tissues. The asymmetric nostrils are the result of facial asymmetry that is seen in all patients, but is not noticed since attentioin is directed to other parts of nose. If you look at your preoperative pictures, especially from base view,  you may notice some asymmetry of the nostrils. Most often, this needs to be addressed with alar reduction or Alar Repostioning Technique.

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip one year after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear revision rhinoplasty patient from Los Angeles,
From limited view of your nose picture, it appears that you still have bulbous tip one year post rhinoplasty. There will not be further changes in the tip region from now. You certainly are a good candidate for a revision rhinoplasty to correct this issue. You need to visit a board certified facial plastic or a plastic surgeon specializing in revision rhinoplasty. Good luck

Web reference: http://www.galleryofcosmeticsurgery.com/face-procudures/rhinoplasty.html

One Year Postoperative Rhinoplasty

+1

I would agree that one year after rhinoplasty it is unlikely that you will see much change from now forward. In terms of being a candidate for further surgery, it is very difficult to tell from the photo you provided. I would definitely caution about any nostril narrowing procedure as many patients experience difficulty breathing after nostril narrowing if not done properly.

Web reference: http://innovationsfps.com

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

After 1 year, your nasal tip will not change signiicantly. The nostrils can be narrow with a revision procedure, but I cannot see if this is appropriate for you. Talk to your surgeon and/or get a second opinion.

Revision rhinoplasty.

+1

It is difficult to tell from the picture you posted. However I don't think you need to alter your nostrils too much based on the frontal view of  your nose. And if the reduction of nostril is limited you should be able to retain a natural look. With revision rhinoplasty scarring is always a problem and it can make achieving symmetry more difficult.

Revision rhinoplasty for a wide nose

+1

A nostril reduction is certainly an option and I would discuss a conservative approach with your rhinoplasty surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Nostril issues

+1

Thank you fo rthe one photos, but multtiple photos wold be necessary to give a reasonable answer and a physical exam is critical. Certainly some aspects of the  nostrils may or may not be reduced to possibly accomodate your requests.