Can a Second Revision Rhinoplasty Help This? (photo)

I recently underwent rhinoplasty to correct some cartliage buckling from a scar. The result is everything I did not want.I think my surgeon forgot the conversations we had pre op. I am wondering if my nose can be made to a similar look prior to surgery.I Know I must wait a year before going through this again. I most dislike the tip,especially how there is much more area of the columella. My doctor says this will not change.What can be done in the future?I appreciate any all help!ty

Hanging Columella after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Your dissatisfaction with your tip aesthetics is primarily caused by nostril rim retraction not a hanging columella. After waiting as you suggest you and your surgeon can decide on the necessary changes.

Undesired Rhinoplasty Result

+1

The end result of a rhinoplasty is never 100% certain, as no surgeon can predict with total accuracy how a patient will heal, form scar tissue, and remodel over time. The best a surgeon and patient can hope for is to get "very close" or "as close as possible" to a desired computer image (if computer imaging is used). If the deformity is mild, it is best to allow the nose to settle down  for  a year. A good revision rhinoplasty candidate will be very precise about what they hope to correct.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can a second revision help this

+1

You appear to have some alar retraction. At six months you can have this addressed with composite grafts and do not need another complete revision. Good luck.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon