Revision Rhinoplasty - Healing Questions

3rd revision rhinoplasty 1 month ago to fix asymmetrical tip on right side + VERY deviated septum. Thin skin. Ear cartilage grafted on tip, deviated septum supposedly tackled. Open approach. Now right side of tip looks too defined + right columella too prominent, with fake wavy look to ¾ profile. Septum HUGE + occupies most of right nostril. Also square dent on left side of columella! Will it get better? If asymmetry is permanent, can I fix it with fillers? How soon can I use those?

Healing after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry you're having so many problems and suggest you review all your concerns with your surgeon.  After a 3rd revision, your nose will change significantly in the near future, but wait at least another year to judge your result.

Revision Rhinoplasty and Septal Deviation

+1

I'm very sorry to hear about your problem. Lets assume you have researched well and the last surgeon was an accomplished Rhinoplasty surgeon. He/she needs to explain to you what is happening and why you are seeing what seems to be new problems. An open approach should typically give the surgeon the ability to correct most problems with the greatest of control. However, even in this circumstance healing does not always take place the way we might like. Even though you cataloged your concerns well there is a lot of missing information. I think you simply must wait out resolution of the immediate postoperative swelling. If there is little to no improvement then the judicious use of fillers to camouflage irregularities would seem appropriate. However, based on your description a lot of your issues may be due to the displacement of the septum which might be causing most of the cosmetic issues you are having. If so, the revision septoplasty would need to be done to definitively correct the problem. Press your surgeon for his opinion as to why you are having the problems you describe as well as what can be done to correct them.  Secure the services of a seasoned Rhinoplasty specialist before making any further decisions. You should be able to get very close to the look you want even in a situation like this. Best of Luck

Jon F. Harrell, DO

+1

Sorry for the issues with your nose. BUT 3 revisions WOW!. Maybe you need some time off from the surgeries to allow at least 9 months of healing. From the one posted side oblique photo very hard to give any advise. I think you need more healing time and allow the grafts to "settle" in. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Revision Rhinoplasty and Healing

+1

It is very early in the healing process to comment.  The fact that this is the 3rd rhinoplasty that you have had done is also an issue.  Each time a revision is done, it becomes even more difficult to obtain a good result.  So I would be patient at this point and wait and see how things look when you are about 6 months out.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Rhinoplasty - One week after surgery

+1

It is very difficult to answer questions about appearance without actually seeing you. Additionally, I would offer that one week after surgery, even in person it is difficult to say how your appearance will be after recovery. The only definite statement I can make is that it will change.

The best person to answer your questions is your surgeon. Not only will they be able to see how you look, but they have seen you before and during surgery also. Share your concerns with them. It will likely be months before you will know what is or isn't improving.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon