Need Revision Rhinoplasty, I Guess Spreader Grafts, I Don't Know That's Why Im Here? (photo)

Have indents/collapse on nose after primary rhino 10yrs ago.I SAID DID NOTwant bone work but was done(no open roof,he just thought it was2wide)&now it is even more narrow after collapse.Hate it.Please tell me if spreaders can be done in a CLOSED rhino¬hing changed on profile.Have had fillers b4&liked softness of the bridge.I see some pics of spreaders&it looks like u see little pointy protrusions.I dont want points. Anyone NYtoVA please?

Spreader grafts for revision rhinoplasty

+1

Spreader graft placement is commonly performed on either one or both sides of the mid vault portion of the nose when there is a collapse of the upper lateral cartilages. If the patient is attempting to widen the nasal bones, reverse osteotomies are performed and the bones are held open with spreader grafts when needed. Spreader grafts are harvested from either nasal or septal cartilage and are placed through closed rhinoplasty techniques as an outpatient surgical procedure. For examples please see the photo Gallery Link below

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

I think that it is best to be seen in person to determine what would be best in terms of giving you a natural result and improving the nasal lines.

Revision rhinoplasty options

+1

Revision rhinoplasty is not one operation, but many potential operations. Every patient is unique. Revision is more commonly associated with the tip, but may also involve the bridge or upper nose. Each surgeon that you see will provide his/her recommendations, which will vary. If you think the bridge is too narrow, then your surgeon might widen the area with cartilage. Lastly, rhinoplasty specialists can perform minor revisions in the office with a variety of injection techniques, if appropriate.

Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a rhinoplasty surgeon help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Based on your photos and your concerns, you may consider seeing if you're a candidate for nasal injections.

+1

You appear to have indentations along your mid bridge on both sides. If your breathing is satisfactory, you may consider having these indentations filled. My preference and experience is with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Need Revision Rhinoplasty, I Guess Spreader Grafts, I Don't Know That's Why Im Here?

+1

Cartilage grafts can be used in a variety of ways to create a widen smoother contour. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA