Revision Rhinoplasty Different Grafts at Same Operation?

Hi, I have some interesting questions. I will need revision rhinoplasty and was wondering, can these grafts and techniques be used all in one revision. - Scar tissue removal - Derotation of nose tip trough suturing - Composite or rim grafts for lowering the nostrils - Alar batten grafts to support weak and concave ala - DC-F or dorsal onlay rib graft to add convexity to nose bridge and to augment - Camouflage grafts(Crushed cartilage) to camouflage dents and irregularities on nasal sidewalls.

Revision rhinoplasty and grafts

All of those grafts can certainly be performed in the same operation through revision rhinoplasty surgery.  With that amount of change going on inside the nose during a revision rhinoplasty surgery, there stands a higher likelihood that a touchup procedure will need to be performed a year down the road.  Look for a nasal surgeon who has performed these procedures often and has extensive experience in revision rhinoplasty surgery.

Revision Rhinoplasty

It is not uncommon to use one or all of these techniques in revision rhinoplasty.  At my Austin, Texas area plastic surgery practice I often generally will use many of the techniques listed depending on the current shape of your nose and goals we have with the revision.  The first step is meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss options.  Good luck!  Dr. K

Rhinoplasty and grafts

Multiple grafts may be necessary to produce the desired results, but I can not say without a thorough exan.

Revison Rhinoplasty

Its not uncommon to use many varieties of grafts in revision surgery. It all depends on exactly what needs to be done and what deficiencies you have.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Different Grafts at Same Revision Rhinoplasty

It is very common to use multiple grafts and techniques during revision rhinoplasty surgery. Make sure you select an experienced revision specialist because it sounds like you have multiple problems.