Had Revision Rhinoplasty for Polly Beak and I Believe It's Back! (photo)

1st Rhinoplasty performed in 2006. Within a year I developed a PROMINENT Polly Beak. After revision the below photos are what I'm left with. My fiance is a collegue of my doctor so I'm afraid he'll keep tinkering with my nose to save face instead of being honest and telling me it's beyond his skill set to repair. Is it a Polly Beak and should I go for a 3rd surgery? My dr said I have thin skin and I had a suture rupture through the skin on the side of my nose. Had dermabrasion to correct scar.

Not a major polly beak

+1

Your photos do show some supratip fullness which can likely be improved some with Kenalog injections

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/before_n_after_set2.php?procedure=revision_rhinoplasty/w400&id=03B

Pollybeak deformity has many causes all of which are treatable

+1

I have looked at your pictures and would continue to wait for another 6 months or so. In revision rhinoplasty you necessarily are dealing with additional scarring which in turn is a cause of the pollybeak deformity. Your case although frustrating may be dealt with dilute amounts of steroid injected into the supratip region. This may be the cause as your nasal skin actually looks thick and sebaceous at your tip. If indeed the cause is a protuberant dorsal septum then a small revision can take care of this. It may be too early to tell just yet. Good luck!

Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pollybeak after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

This is not a claassic polybeak deformity, but you do have some fullness of the dorsum secondary to residual scar tissue or slight excess of the cartilage of your septum. Kenolog injections may be helpful. It would be relatively easy to shave the dorsum. Either way, you will achieve a very nice result.

Polly beak

+1

You don't have a polly beak ut do have some supra tip fullness and elevation. This may be soft tissue only and respond to some kenalog injection. Talk to your doctor.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Had Revision Rhinoplasty for Polly Beak and I Believe It's Back!

+1

Actually, from the photo IMHo is looks like this elevated area is above the supratip or typical Polly Beak formation area and as such may respresent some residual subcutaneous scar tissue from the last Revision Rhinoplasty.  Have you had a series of kenalog injections to this area to see if it will come down?

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Polly Beak Deformity After Rhinoplasty

+1

I would not get too caught up in the definition of a polly beak deformity and whether or not you have one.  From your photo, it appears that you have some fullness just above the tip.  From an aesthetic standpoint, this ideally would be lower, with the nose peaking at the tip.  I would recommend that you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in dealing with secondary rhinoplasties.  Regardless of your fiance's relationship with your surgeon, it is your nose and you should be evaluated and treated by a surgeon who can best achieve your goals.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

You should reserve a second Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery as a last resort.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos. It's not clear when you had your revision rhinoplasty. I'll presume it was performed over 6 months ago and your nose isn't swollen.

You appear to have a small bump on your lower bridge, and it is more noticeable on your right profile photo.

As opposed to having a 3rd surgery to remove the small bump, you may wish to consider adding volume above the bump with an Injectable Filler - Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. I cannot determine if this would be best for you without examining you.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pollybeak Deformity

+1

Hi Shell,

Yes you can have this fixed. I would wait about 4 to 6 months then consider an open rhinoplasty to reduce the pollybeak. If done carefully you shouldn't have any issues with your skin. The pollybeak is in the area of the cartilaginous -bony junction.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://rhinplastysurgeonnewyork.com