Revision Rhinoplasty for Asymmetric Nostrils? (photo)

Had closed rhinoplasty two weeks ago. The tip is asymmetric still. My surgeon said it is partially due to swelling but also due to asymmetric nostrils I had prior my surgery. She said the asymmetry is light and correcting it can do more damage as it requires outside incision and stitch which can scar. What are your opinions based on my photos? I like my nose in profile, but the front view shows the deviation...not sure how much is due to swelling and how much due to my nostrils

Revision rhiniplasty

+2

Every nose is a bit asymmetric and not completely straight. Your nose looks very nice for early post-op. Give it more time.

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

The tip asymmetry is slight and perfect symmetry does not exist naturally. It looks pretty good to me for 2 weeks. Some surgeons can get close to perfect tip symmetry with a closed rhinoplasty but I cannot. I am not even sure you are a good candidate for a revision even if you wait the requisite number of months.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Revision?

+2

You need to allow healing to take place at least 4 month AT LEAST! The posted photos really do not demonstrate any real serious issues. 

Asymmetric nostril rhinoplasty

+2

Hi Anna91,

It's a bit hard to assess your problem at this early stage. Also, a base view may provide a better angle to see your nostril sizes.

Asymmetric nostrils can be improved. You can read more about asymmetric nostril rhinoplasty at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty for Asymmetric Nostrils?

+1

At 2 weeks you should not be thinking about a revision as your nose will continue to undergo changes.  6 months would be the earliest I would revise a nose.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nostril Asymmetry after Rhinoplasty

+1

Minor asymmetries at 2 weeks are very common and usually due to swelling. I would follow up with your surgeon in 4-6 weeks to evaluate your progress.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon