Rhinoplasty Last Year and Nostrils Aren't Equal? (photo)

I did my closed rhinoplasty last yr my nostrils don't look equal I want that fixed also I'd like to have a slight curve in my nose I feel stiffness in the tip of my nose marked in the photo did the doctor place something external to make that stiffness in my nose? I asked him, he said he didnt, but it just feels too unnatural. is this kind of revision rhino complex? or is it like any other Im worried

Rhinoplasty Last Year and Nostrils Aren't Equal?

+1

I am not sure that I would perform a great number of maneuvers in this case.  As much as these sound like a great idea, they provide for more variability.  Nostril asymmetry is the norm and is a common complaint when the tip is elevated.  However, the correction for this is sometimes worse than the problem.  Alar grafts may be palpable and visible.  I would address the tip to elevate it provided you are at least one year out.  Sometimes stiffness of the tip is a sign of incomplete healing or residual swelling.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Asymmetrical Tip and Nostrils after Rhinoplasty

+1

You have a polly beak deformity with inadequate tip projection, asymmetrical tip cartilages and nostrils, as well as flaring of the nostril rims. Arvision will be necessary to correct these problems. Select an experienced revision specialist because this will be a difficult procedure.

Nostrils and tip

+1

In all likelihood your nosrils were not symmetric to begin with. Best to review your preop photos. As for you plunging tip with poor projection, this can be corrected.