Revision Rhinoplasty Dorsal Graft, Columella Strut, Tip Graft, Alar Battens 5 Months Ago Had Surgery? (photo)

one side of my lateral nose coun't breath got surgery to open up now boths sides can't breath feel the upper top of my nostril and lateral too tight air can't get through dr. got some kind of cartilage from behind my ear placed in a form of arch to the entrance of my nostril instead open up it got healed inside in a bump way too tight inside also the naso angle area is too high dr. said wait till a year but i can,t hold it please advise me which procedure and direction to go thank you so much

Best to be patient after extensive rhinoplasty

+1

I recommend waiting a minimum of 12 to 18 months following a rhinoplasty with extensive grafting performed.  You still have swelling at this time affecting both the appearance and function of the nose.  Follow up with your surgeon but understand the best course of action is to give this more time.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision 5 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is too soon  to have a revision, especially in a patient with thick skin who had multiple procedures during the original operation. You must be patient to get the best possible result.

Revising Too Soon Can Be Trouble!

+1

Irina,

It sounds like you had a fairly involved Open Revision Rhinoplasty with multiple grafts.  It is normal to have a lot of persistent swelling after such an procedure.  The interference with normal breathing from swelling improves slowly over a period of 12-18 months!

It may well be that you will have achieved the results you want once the swelling goes down and healing is complete. Your surgeon is your best ally in helping determine whether and when to do a revision.

Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and possible interim remedies: Breath-Right strips or internal splints can sometimes be a big help to get you through the recovery.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon