Revision Rhinoplasty Doctor Recommendations

I'm very unhappy with my Rhinoplasty results. My surgeon wasn't helpful, and recommended me to another surgeon (friend) who wasn't helpful as well and seemed to say nothing is wrong. I have been told by other doctors that what I don't like is obvious. Can anyone recommend a great revision specialist (esp. near CT, MASS, NH, and NY?)

Mark Constantian in Nashua, NH is a respected revision surgeon

+2

Dr. Constantian is nationally recongnized as a rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty expert. I have served on faculty with him in recent courses and found him to be very knowledgeable, skilled and ethical. I would recommend him highly.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to Find a Revision Rhinoplasty Specialist

+2

Rhinoplasty is often said to be the most difficult procedure in cosmetic surgery. As a result, anywhere between 10-20% of rhinoplasties require revision surgery to correct residual deformities or deformities that resulted from the first surgery.

Revision rhinoplasty is much more complicated that primary (first-time) rhinoplasty, and therefore requires more expertise. With major structural deformities, cartilage grafts are required to rebuild the nasal framework. Septal cartilage, while the preferred source of cartilage grafts, has usually been depleted during the first operation. Revision rhinoplasty surgeons then have to "borrow" cartilage from another part of the body - such as the ear or rib. This increases the operative time and cost.

When considering a revision rhinoplasty, patients should seek a consultation with surgeons who specialize in revision rhinoplasty. It is advisable to visit with more than one surgeon and that the patient be willing to travel to find a surgeon who is qualified to perform revision rhinoplasty.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
I wish that I could help you with a strong recommendation in your area. I have traveled their six to seven weeks every year as my son was playing football at Trinity College in Hartford. While I visited several Plastic Surgeons on my visits I did not fully evaluate their revision rhinoplasty work. I would be happy to do some research and get back to you if you would like to send me a message via my email. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Your problem is certainly correctable

+1

While I am sure there are excellent rhinoplasty surgeons in your area, I do not personally know folks in that part of the country. However, if you are willing to come to DC, there is a well-known surgeon ther named Csaba Magassy. I used to work with him and have seen him take on some pretty challenging revision rhinoplasty cases.

You can either google his name or go to his website, www.psapc.com.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS