Should I Go for Rhinoplasty Revision?

I'm a 22 year old male and I had Rhinoplasty. I am not very satisfied with my result, to say the least. The shape is not proportionate to my face as its too curved, and there is also a bit of excess cartilage on the left side of the tip. I went to my surgeon and he also expressed disappointment with the outcome even though there may be some swelling left. He said he would do a revision, but I don't feel confident in his ability. Any advice?

Find revision-rhinoplasty surgeon

+1

With respect to revision rhinoplasty, it is a very difficult operation to perform correctly. Make sure your surgeon has done thousands of revision rhinoplasty surgeries. The nose can be made more proportionate to the face and some of the excess cartilage addressed at the time of the surgery. Please wait until at least one year before undergoing a revision to make sure there is no swelling left in the nose.

Revision Rhinoplasty; Yes or No?

+1

First, you should wait untl the swelling has resolved. If you do not have confidence in the original surgeon, simply seek consultations from other experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeons.

Given swellin g some more time.

+1

You did not say how long after surgery you were. Swelling in the area just above the tip of the nose can contribute to a rounded appearance with a curved slope. Generally as the selling resolves, the appearance of the nose will soften and improve. Occasionally steroids are used to diminish or expedite resolution of swelling in the tip of the nose. Give it at least 6 months to 1 year prior to contmeplating any touch up surgery.