How Much Does Revision Rhinoplasty Cost if It is Only on the Tip?

The revision will only involve adjusting the tip and the size of the nostrils.

Revision cost

+1

Revision rhinoplasty costs vary a great deal based on the complexity of the situation and the expertise of the surgeon

Cost of revision rhinoplasty

+1

This will vary. Although it may come as a surprise to many patients tip work can be among the most complicated procedures when it comes to revision rhinoplasty. This is due to a number of things which may include scar tissue, altered or absent tip cartilage structures, the possible need to "create" new structures with grafts and the need to build a solid enough structure to resist the scarring changes that may have caused the need for the revision in the first place. Cost is driven by OR time and some of these revisions can be lengthy. In rare cases there might be a simple solution with a small graft or filler which would keep the cost down, but a complete tip, nostril redo may well cost as much or more then your original surgery. One note of caution, if the problem really bothers you and you want to fix it, find someone who has revision experience, that you make a comfortable connection with and then don't skimp-you are already going for your second procedure. Spend a little more to prevent a third.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

In NYC a tip rhinoplasty is probably between $6000-$10000, but that is a range.  Every surgeon is different.

Cost of Revision of Nasal Tip

+1

The cost will vary depending on what is necessary to improve your tip and the experience of your surgeon. Typically, the total fees will be $5000-7000. While cost is important to all of us, don't select your surgeon solely on the basis of finances.

Cost of Rhinoplasty

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and I doubt that anyone here could have their staff quote you a price without seeing you, examining your nose and speaking with you about the risks and benefits of the Rhinoplasty plan.  I have written an article here on how to choose your Plastic and Cosmetic surgeon that might be helpful.  IMHO, you never want to use price as the determing factor.  Get the very best quality that you can or leave your nose alone.

Cost for revision tip rhinoplasty

+1

Hard to answer this without knowing the history and examining the tip.  For a simple correction that requires no more than a small cartilage graft from behind the ear the cost is about $5500.00.

If the revision is to be performed by the original surgeon the cost should be limited to facility and anesthesia fees.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Shop for Quality

+1

Tip work is often rather complicated and revisional work is always harder than the primary procedure from the surgeon's point of view.  This is not typically a discounted area even though the size of the "real estate" is rather small.  Since this is a revision, it points up the importance of finding someone with the same vision as you and whose plan seems well considered and unhurried.  Unfortunately, I would not expect to find a price lower than what you paid initially.

Lawrence Bass, MD

Revision rhinoplasty of the tip

+1

The nasal tip is often the most complicated to change with rhinoplasty surgery. In a revision it is even more so due to changed tissue planes and the previous changes done to the nasal framework.

As a result it's hard to give a cost estimate, especially since there's such a regional range in pricing. You don't want to just shop for the cheapest price as you often get what you pay for.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

+1

Revisional surgery is far more complicated than it might seem.  Sometimes adjusting the nasal tip and nostrils requires extensive respositioning of the entire nasal tip and a high possibility of needing further cartilage for placement of grafts.  If you have had a septoplasty done previously then you would need to be prepared for the possibility of needing to have an ear cartilage graft or rib cartilage graft harvested to perform the operation correctly.  In my hands, I perform 500+ nasal surgeries each year.  Of the revisions, I perform for other surgeons, I typically see 100+/year and at least 20% of those patient's require an ear graft to correct some of these deformities.  With that being said you may find that price varies depending on what area of the country you are in and could be anywhere from 4000-8000 depending on the surgeon and experience.

Shepherd G. Pryor, MD
Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon