How Much Does Revision Rhinoplasty Cost?

I am from Phoenix, AZ. How much should a revision rhinoplasty with little bone trimming, and some cartilage removal / restructuring cost in US$ terms? I am a male. While I am quite happy with my nose, I do have some extra cartilage on the left side of my nose more than my right. While I have lived with it all these years, I am contemplating rhinoplasty as I have time on my side for recovery. I hope not to head again for any corrective surgery. It almost seems like if that little extra cartilage can be removed from left side of my nose, I would be just fine. I am quite fine with the tip of my nose.

The Cost of Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

The cost of Revision Rhinoplasty will depend on:

• The extent and difficulty of what needs to be done
  • The experience and expertise of the operating surgeon
  • The time required to correct the problem
  • The need to harvest a variety of grafts

Your goal should be to have someone who is an expert in the filed of revision Rhinoplasty and who has Passion for obtaining the best result to do your procedure. Cost should not be the primary determinant of who should do your surgery.

The average cost for revision rhinoplasty varies between 8-15k.

Sometimes, the insurance can cover portion of the cost if there is exisiting deviated septum and nasal obstruction.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sajjadian

$5,000 to $7,000 depending on what needs to be done

+2
A revision rhinoplasty can cost anywhere from $5,000 to $7,000 depending upon what needs to be done. This usually includes the surgeon’s fee, the operating room fee, and the anesthesia fee for the procedure

Revision Rhinoplasty | How Much Does It Cost?

+2

The cost of revision rhinoplasty can vary significantly depending on what needs to be done to correct the problems with the nose. Sometimes a revision is a minor undertaking and can be accomplished in the office with local anesthetic. Most surgeons will correct imperfections that weren't adequatelty addressed or arose from the original surgery for their own patients at no additional charge.

However, if you are seeking a complete "re-do" by another surgeon, the cost can range from $6,000 to $25,000. With major structural deformities, cartilage grafts are required to rebuild the nasal framework. Septal cartilage, while the preferred source of cartilage grafts, has usually been depleted during the first operation. Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeons then have to "borrow" cartilage from another part of the body - such as the ear or rib. This increases the operative time and cost.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty costs

+1
Revision rhinoplasty is a potentially complex surgery based on what you have had done in the past, and what you are looking to achieve.  The difficulty from revision surgery comes from the increased density of tissue, possible scar in the area, and rearrangement of cartilage that may have occurred with your primary rhinoplasty.  Sometimes cartilage may have to be harvested and this adds time to the procedure.  Consult a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get an estimate based on your particular needs.  

Christopher Khorsandi, MD

Cost of Revision Rhinoplasty ranges from 5 to 10K

+1

Revision rhinoplasty should only be performed if the problem you are perceiving is significant enough to warrant surgery and if your surgeon feels they can match those goals. Revision rhinoplasty has the risk of making things worse and it is for this reason that minor imperfections are best left alone. These minor imperfections can often make a rhinoplasty results look even more natural i.e. leaving a small bump on the bridge of the nose.

If you are truly unhappy with your original rhinoplasty, there are many variables that are factored into the cost of your revision.

1. Who is performing the surgery? Most rhinoplasty surgeons who are revising their own surgeries will usually waive the surgical component of the surgery and charge the patient only the facility and anesthesia fee.

2. The extend of the revision? Minor revisions to the bridge of the nose often cost less (around 5 to $ 6,000) than the typical revision patients I see who have what collapsed nasal bridges, retracted/notched nostrils, and cartilage knuckles protruding from their tip all due to an over aggressive rhinoplasty. These patients need complete reconstruction of their noses with replacement of over resected cartilage and bone with grafting materials from their septum, ears, fascia and even rib. These cases can take up to 6 hours to perform and can cost over $ 10,000. The more times a corrective rhinoplasty is attempted the more difficult and costly it becomes to fix it properly.

Don't base your selection of a rhinoplasty surgeon solely on price. Look at their experience, rhinplasty specialization, reviews, photos, and it helps if they have an academic position where they teach rhinoplasty.

Good luck in your search

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Simply because a rhinoplasty surgery is a "revision" doesn't necessarily mean that it would be a difficult surgery or that it should cost more than a primary rhinoplasty. With the fairly minor changes you are looking for, it sounds like pretty much any experienced rhinoplasty surgeon could handle it and you could expect to have a good result for relatively little cost. Often, surgeons will take advantage of the frustration and fear that a revision rhinoplasty patient has -- and their need to be assured that "this is the last time" that they will ever have have surgery on their nose -- and will charge an exorbitant fee for a relatively simple revision. Actually, the most common reason for revision is because the initial relatively inexperienced surgeon didn't compensate for the effect of gravity following their rhinoplasty by taking enough cartilage down just above the tip of the nose. This common mistake creates what's called a "polybeak", where this area looks fuller or more swollen than ideal. However, this is an incredibly easy fix for the experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, since all he/she has to do is expose this small area of cartilage above the tip and trim usually 2 or 3 millimeters of and be done with it. I personally would not charge more than $3000 for such a surgery (as it still requires more technical skill than usual to work through the scar and the judgement to know exactly how much to remove). Your situation also may just require a little trim of this and that and therefore shouldn't cost much more.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the great question. First, if you have a good nose, and seem quite happy, I would strongly consider waiting on a revision rhinoplasty. Revision rhinoplasty is a technically challenging operation and may negatively affect the parts of your nose that you are satisfied with. Second, revision rhinoplasty will vary in cost significantly based on your geographic location, what needs to be done, and the experience of the surgeon.  In the San Francisco Bay Area, surgeon fees will range from $5000 to more than $10,000. There are additional costs for anesthesia and OR fees.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Revising the nose is a generic term that can mean many different things, from a minor revision of an asymmetry of cartilage to totally redoing the entire nose.  Your request sounds relatively simple and would not require an extensive surgical or recovery time.  The cost would depend on the amount and difficulty of the procedure and could vary from $4-10,000.

Wishing you all the best,

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Revision cost

+1

There is not a lot of difference in price between a rhinoplasty and a revision rhiniplasty of many of the same steps are taken.  If cartilage needs to be removed or bone shaved down the revision surgery would be considered a formal procedure and the price would be comparable to the full rhinoplasty procedure.  My average rhinoplasty procedure is about 8-9K and revisions may be 1-2K less than that.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

How much does Revision Rhinoplasty cost?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and the price of the surgery depends on how difficult the surgery will be and by the reputation and experience of the Rhinoplasty surgeon you choose.