Droopy Tip After Rhino; Can I Just Raise The Tip Without Touching The Cartilage or Bone For Revision?

Hi i have done rhinoplasty before and now i have a droopy tip. My question is can you raise the tip without touching the cartilage or bone? What about the recovery process in case no bone/cartilage was touched(bruising swelling)? Would doctors usually perform a revision rhinoplasty for free? Since doctors charge differently on surgeries, how much would a nose lifting surgery cost w.r.t the usual rhinoplasty surgeries(1/4,1/2,3/4 of the price) I appreciate any reply. Thank you!

Revision rhinoplasty to lift droopy nasal tip

+1

A droopy tip must be corrected through multiple techniques, such as cartilage suturing of the tip and cartilage removal of the dorsum or the tip.  Most surgeons would probably do a touchup on their own cases for a nominal fee.  The charge for a rhinoplasty in our office is approximately $7,000 and the charge for a revision rhinoplasty is $8,500, these prices includes the surgeon’s fee, operating room and anesthesia.

Tip revision

+1

Thank you for your question, the best way to approach the tip is to allow your plastic surgeon to examine you determine what is best for your nose and face in general. As for the cost, you will be responsible for the facility and anesthesia fees, your surgeon may not charge you professional fees. If you elect to have surgery with another surgeon, then professional fees will apply.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Droopy Tip after Rhinoplasty

+1

You can limit additional nasal surgery to just elevating the tip. Cost will depend on your surgeon's policy, but most will charge only for the anesthesia and operating room which they must pay, when revising their own work.

Revision tip only without touching the rest of the nose

+1

Although the tip improvement is the objective at times to create good support other area must be addressed to insue a harmonious match. Don't tie your surgeons hands. Let him do what he feels is necessary to satisfy you.Most surgeons charge for the anaesthesia and the facility on their revision but no surgeons fee.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Tip surgery

+1

A droopy tip may be the result of several things. This may include some treatment of the distal septal cartilage. Hard to say without an exam. As for fees, it is surgeon dependent and office policy is usually discussed up front. I think in general, most would charge a facility fee for costs of goods, staff, and use of an OR.  Many would waive a surgeon's fee for their own revision.

Tip revision rhinoplasty

+1

Yes it is possible to elevate your tip without making changes to the other parts of your nose. Swelling of the tip will certainly occur with this procedure but bruising is usually minimal. Discuss with your origianl surgeon his or her revision policy.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon