Is Revision Rhinoplasty Still Possible After 6 Revisions?

I had a botched rhinoplasty and have been trying to fix my nose since. It's been 7 years and I've had several revisions and my nose still looks terrible. Is there any hope for me?!

My biggest issues are 1) nostrils are very uneven and 2) too much nostril show. Is it possible to even out my nostrils and rotate the tip of my nose down? I recently had a lip lift 3 weeks ago hence the scar under my nasal base. I'm happy with my lip lift so far, I just wish I liked my nose too. Please help!

Another revision?

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you have some alar retraction on both sides and alar notching on the left side.  I agree with others that you need to weigh the pros and cons, but strictly speaking the features can be improved - likely not made perfect

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

You have a pretty nice result for having had 6 surgeries. I'd be extremely hesitant to do anymore. You might try some filler in the left nostril rim to see if you like the effect. If you do then perhaps a small rim graft may be helpful. I wouldn't try anything more extensive after 6 procedures.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

You said you have had 6 revisions. Were this minor, major, by different surgeons, any of them with experience in revision rhinoplasty? That may make a difference in your outcome.

As far as your nose, although I see some areas that may need improvement, as  well as some asymmetries, I do not see a terrible looking nose, any further surgery will probably lead to new asymmetries. 

You must weigh the pros and cons of further surgery. No surgeon will achieve perfect symmetry. After 67 surgeries the quality of your skin will be compromised, and you may risk skin necrosis-death of your skin, which is a devastating complications and many more complex surgeries could be required to fix this.

Think seriously about your goals and whether they are real, or not. 

Michel Siegel, MD

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Secondary rhinoplasty

+1

you have a great nose.

After 6 revisions the chances of destroying your nose grows bigger

+1

Yes, but it is not advisable unless you have an obvious deformity. The nose cannot be re-shaped like clay or chiseled like stone. More surgery can be a slippery slope that leads to nasal collapse and irreversible scarring. No one is born with a perfectly symmetric nose, and no one can ever achieve a perfectly symmetric nose. In my opinion, you do not have a bad-looking nose, and I think sometimes it is best to re-assess one's goals and expectations.

Anand D. Patel, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon