Revision Rhinoplasty After Radiesse Nosejob

Hello everyone, I had a surgical rhinoplasty in May 2008 and was unhappy with the results. I went to a plastic surgeon last October who told me that with radiesse, the tip could be made to look smaller. I trusted him and he ended up making my tip even larger.

I am now waiting for the radiesse to dissipate so that I can have a revision rhinoplasty (for the last time). How long will I have to wait? Also, is it unwise for me to have a second surgical rhinoplasty given my past experiences?

Radiesse may be reduced with wydase.

+1

It is true that Radiesse can not be completely reversed with Wydase the way Hyaluronic Acid fillers like Restylane, Juvederm, and Perlane can, however it is possible that the bulk may be reduced.  Placing Wydase may help the carrier paste dissolve faster.  You may see a 20 - 30 % decrease in the Radiesse bulk using Wydase which may help some.

You will still be a candidate for surgical rhinoplasty and possibly even for a non-surgical rhinoplasty with a surgeon with a lot of experience in non-surgical rhinoplasty.  I prefer using Perlane for non-surgical rhinoplasty, partially because you are able to dissolve it completely if needed.

Good luck in your search for information!

Web reference: http://yourfaceinourhands.com/plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty-revision.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ideally until all Radiesse is gone

+1

it's best to wait until all the filler is gone from your tip - this can easily take up to a year.  small amounts of residual filler can be seen and removed during open rhinoplasty

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/index.php

Revision rhinoplasty after non-surgical nose job.

+1

It is probably best to wait at least a year after the Radiesse injections in the nose to undergo a revision rhinoplasty.  

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

Rhinoplasty Revision After Radiesse

+1

Radiesse will last perhaps 2 years or so.  During that time, it will gradually resorb and you may see an improvement in your tip.  However, if you have concerns that need addressing sooner, you can have as much as possible removed at the time of a revision rhinoplasty.  Revision rhinoplasty is not uncommon, nor is it necessarily unsafe.  An experienced plastic surgeon can give you a recommendation after an evaluation.

Revision Rhinoplasty afteer Radiesse Injections in Nasal Tip

+1

Radiesse injections will last 12-18 months. It is dangerous to do a revision before the Radiesse has dissolved because it can compromise circulation within the tip during and after surgery with serious complications such as skin loss. You can have another revision as long as long as it is done by an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Revision rhinoplasty after having Radiesse injection

+1

Revision rhinoplasty surgery can be done even though you've had radiesse placed in your nasal tip. You should wait for the filler to resorb, however. As others have mentioned this can take about 1-2 years. I don't recommend the placement of radiesse in the nasal tip due to its characteristics and the anatomy of the tip.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

Best Timing for Rhinoplasty Revision After Radiesse Injection in Tip

+1

Hi Alex,

You should wait until your nasal tip looks like it did before you had Radiesse injected.  It may take 1 to 2 years.  Take photos of your nose every 1 to 2 months to document the change.  Once it is smaller and no longer is changing, that is when I would recommend surgery.  There will be a minority of surgeons willing to operate on you immediately, but I would question their motive (i.e. "a bird ($) in the hand is worth two in the bush(you may not see them when you are less vulnerable 1-2 years from now)).

Unfortunately you have had a bad experience with one physician.  This should not discourage you from having a revision rhinoplasty.  Consult with multiple rhinoplasty revision experts while you are waiting for the Radiesse to dissolve.  Choose your next rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Web reference: http://www.drpersky.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-rhinoplasty/

Radiesse Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

Radiesse seems to last a variable amount of time, depending on the placement and the person.  Usually it will be gone in about a year.  Having a revision is not a bad idea, if you are dissatisfied with the result.  Rhinoplasty revision is a very common surgery, because of the nature of the procedure, occasional lack of predictable outcome and expectations of the patients.  Make sure the surgeon you choose is experienced in revision rhinoplasty, since it can be a very different surgery than primary rhinoplasty.

Revision rhinoplasty after Radiesse and rhinoplasty.

+1

It is best to wait 6-12 months to see if the tip is getting smaller which will make the revision more reliable. It does not make a difference that you have had the Radiesse and you still can obtain a good result if you go to an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.