Revision Rhinopasty, 6 months post op- my tip is to prominent, will it come 3-4 mm closer to my face after another 12-16 months?

My primary surgery was 20 years ago, and left me with a scooped, flat and bolbous nose. My revision doctor built up my nose with ear cartilage and cartilage from the septum. My profiles different, one is more prominent and boulbos than the other one. And my nose tip is to prominent, I wish it was closer to my face. Is it possible this is swelling? Can my nose shrink 3-4 mm after another 12-16 moths? Can I shorten my nose in another revision? My suregon says it will get smaller with time.

Rhinoplasty revision and healing time

+1
Thanks for your question and photos

It is difficult without examining you or seeing pictures,

*Swelling can take more than a year to resolve.
* Swelling can be asymmetric.
* Massage and steroid can accelearte the resolution of swelling.

Dr Sajjadian

Revision Rhinoplasty Healing

+1
Thank you for the questions. In general, healing from revision rhinoplasty is slower than primary rhinoplasty. It can take 12-18 months for all the swelling to go away and for the tissues to settle. At this point, I would recommend regular follow up with massage and possible steroid injections if there is a focal area of swelling or scar tissue. It's difficult, but patience now will pay off.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty healing time

+1
Dear catkra,

• Your surgeon is right, the nose will get smaller in the next 6-12 months
  • It is difficult to be more specific without seeing pics or an exam
  • It is normal to have asymmetric swelling as well
  • Steroid injections can bring swelling down a little more quickly, if indicated

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD