What's the Best Way To Refine a Bulbous ballpoint Tip?

i have had about 5 or 6 rhinoplasties by two doctors. the latter ive been working with to fix what my first doctor did. i have an etnic nose which was made too flat so now i have a medpor implant and a rib strut placed and 2 alar base reductions. all under closed procedures. what i hate about my nose is that my alar is now too much higher than my columella and i have a bulbus ballpoint tip. i want my tip refined which hasnt been adressed. what is the best way or techniques to adress this?

Revision Rhinoplasty for Tip Reshaping

+2

Perhboy, I am sorry to hear about your situation after so many rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty procedures. What you describe is somewhat contradictory - a bulbous tip and a ballpoint tip are at opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of shape. But, based on the one line above, it sounds like you have more of a bulbous or rounded nasal tip that might benefit from further refinement. Without photos it is real hard to render an accurate assessment for you. That being said, in a multi-time revision rhinoplasty case where closed rhinoplasties have failed to accomplish the desired goals, I would venture to say that an open approach is going to be your best bet (assuming your skin is healthy enough to tolerate this type of surgical approach). I hope this helps in your decision making process. Dr. Hilinski

Web reference: http://www.sandiegorhinoplasty.com/

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Refine bulbous tip

+1

It's hard to say what the best avenue of treatment is without seeing your nose, but an open rhinoplasty approach may be indicated to help get your tip looking more refined. It sounds like you may have alar retraction and this can be address at the same time if you desire. You should consult with a surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty cases like yours in which multiple prior procedures have been done already.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/revision-rhinoplasty