During Revision Rhinoplasty How Much Do the Open and Closed Approach Differ?

after have many multiple augmentation revisions, do you think because my surgeon has chosen to do a closed technique on all occasions has resulted in sub standard result? do you think if he did an open approach things would be different. i mean my doctor is the best in the business. he only deals with noses for a living.

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and other plastic and cosmetic surgeries for well over 20 years and here's what most patients don't understand.  The training, skill and experience levels vary significantly between surgeons.  Different Rhinoplasty Surgeons will use different techniques and even perform the same techniques in a different manner, not to mention the ability to understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.  There's no other way but to have a few consultations with experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeons (in both open and closed techniques) that understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.  

Open vs Closed Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

The advantage of using the open rhinolaasty technique in revision rhinoplasty is the fact that the surgeon has better exposure of the problem, and therefore the  changes  are more exact and the results are more predictable. When I first started using the open technique over 30 years ago I was highly criticized, but now the advantages are clearly understood and this is a very popular procedure in revision surgery.