Getting Revision Rhino Next Month, Wondering if It's Worth Getting a Small Chin Implant? (photo)

I am getting revision rhinoplasty to fix a bad job caused my septum to totally collapse. Also the original work made it way to feminine. I know it's not easy to just imagine, but the nose is just going to be more of a right triangle as a opposed to the slide it is now. When I look at my profile i notice that harmony between my chin and nose is minimal, and I fear that after surgery the chin will look even smaller. Would it make sense to get a chin implant?

Profile suggests it may help to have a chin implant

+1

Your photos are not of the quality I would like to see, but if the nasal profile is going to be strengthened, then a relatively weak chin will be futher weakened in relation to the nose. Talk to your surgeon and consider computer imaging.

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant with rhinoplasty

+1

When the chin is retrusive it is a good idea to have a small chin implant placed through the submental area.  We do not recommend using the intraoral approach for chin implants.  For patients with a retrusive chin, a chin implant will make the nose a less prominent feature of the face.  Please refer to the link below for a before and after photo set that demonstrates this. 

Chin Implant with Rhinoplasty

+1

The pictures do suggest that a chin implant will improve the harmony of your profile view. Review your options with your surgeon.

Getting Revision Rhino Next Month, Wondering if It's Worth Getting a Small Chin Implant?

+1

I have performed Chin Augmentation with Chin Implants for over 20 years and your chin does appear weak.  Aesthetically, the chin should reach an imaginary vertical line drawn down from your lower lip, as a man.  Be sure the plastic and cosmetic surgeon, you choose, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation.

Getting chin implant during revision rhinoplasty

+1

Building up the bridge of your nose to make it more masculine would tend to make the chin look less projected. From the limited views of your profile I could see that adding a chin implant may help with this appearance.

In office digital morphing of the proposed changes would let you more easily decide whether going ahead with a chin implant at the same time as revision rhinoplasty is a good idea.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Chin Implant?

+1

I believe the photos that you have presented are not of good enough medical quality to make and to give you the best opinion.

David Alessi, MD

Chin implant with rhinoplasty

+1

I would agree with the other posts, that its difficult to say with the type of picture you include.  But if you do build up your dorsum of your nose, it will have the effect of making your chin look weaker or smaller.  So if your original consult with your rhino doc mentioned a chin aug for this reason, then I would expect you to be good candidate as well.  Plus with men, specific implant shapes help to give a slightly more square chin pad in front, which adds masculine definition to your jawline. Overall, I would suggest an implant, and use imaging software with a patient like you to confirm its value and determine it's size.

Kevin Robertson, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

It's difficult to judge your candidacy for Chin Implant Surgery based on the photos you posted.

+1

Your beard, and the limited quality of your photos makes it difficult to advise you. Your chin is not terribly weak, or it would be obvious. So it may be best for you to consult with your surgeon for definitive advice. In my practice, computer-imaging is helpful for visualizing your result after Chin Implant Surgery.

Good luck with your procedure.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Augment

+1

Although the pictures you enclosed are not of medical quality, it does appear that a chin implant might give you a nice profile. Check with your surgeon for a better answer after he examines you.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD